Young Professionals in Foreign Policy’s Charged Affairs accepts submissions on an open basis, and publishes content in a variety of formats, including op-eds, analytical articles, interviews, and book reviews. Incoming submissions will be judged on their quality, relevance of subject matter and suitability of content. If your submission is selected for publication, our editors will contact and work with you on finalizing your final draft.
- The writer must be a YPFP member or established thought leader
- All pieces must be about foreign policy or international affairs
- Avoid unnecessary jargon or inflammatory language
- Word count: 650-850 words
- Include your name, article title, and a short bio
- Include a link to an image (open source or creative commons license) to accompany the article
- Provide all citations as hyperlinks, but don’t overuse citations
- When submitting an article, please allow two weeks for review (if the article is time-sensitive, please note this up front)
- Unless notice is provided at time of submission, we assume all pieces submitted are being offered exclusively
- When publishing in Charged Affairs, you grant it and YPFP copyright over the article
- PLEASE NOTE: Articles should not implicitly or explicitly engage in any third party promotion. Articles must be your original, unpublished work, free of factual errors and plagiarism.
Send your submissions, pitches, or any inquiries to email@example.com.